Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

admin/mods ?

Share your ideas and give feedback about the board.

admin/mods ?

Postby nadir » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:19 am

any ideas how to deal with that?
as far it is me anyone might do whatever he wants.
so proposal by me: all actual user will at minimum be moderators
(xepanche and malone are fake accounts).
Perhaps even admins. Why not?

is that ok? is that bad?

my worry is .... well: hard to explain. I don't want a separation between users.
Who wants to be able to click through the moderation nightmare should be able too.

Let me know what you think.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Re: admin/mods ?

Postby meandean » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:28 am

The problem is a 'bad' user going crazy and deleting stuff...if they have that much power...

I would probably propose that regular users have some increased powers like 'sticky power' and possibly 'move their own threads' if that is possible and beyond that I do not think anyone needs any power over another like being able to edit someones post...

feel free to demote me to a regular user at anytime too ;)
meandean

Postby nadir » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:00 am

meandean wrote:The problem is a 'bad' user going crazy and deleting stuff...if they have that much power...

I would probably propose that regular users have some increased powers like 'sticky power' and possibly 'move their own threads' if that is possible and beyond that I do not think anyone needs any power over another like being able to edit someones post...

feel free to demote me to a regular user at anytime too ;)

Mhh... makes sense too.

My "idea" was that perhaps some think it is nice to click through the php-stuff
(i for one think it sucks big times...).

As long we are at reasonable size i for one will do no "moderation", besides what i am asked for.
As far it is me the board might stay like it is:
a few subsections. Done.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby jheaton5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 pm

@nadir: I will be glad to share your responsibilty for doing basic maintenance tasks. I just don't want to be admin.
jheaton5

Postby nadir » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:23 pm

@ all:
deal wise with your powers.
I am serious. The purpose of this board is to discuss refracta and share the info, not to deal with administration stuff (who did what and why, and shall we and shan't we and all...)

setting up a hidden forum might be an idea
(a playground, so to speak).
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Return to Forum proposals