Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Another Refracta Wallpaper

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Re: Another Refracta Wallpaper

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Mike wrote:Sorry folks, for some reason the thumbnail wasn't working when I pointed it to the file on pCloud. I changed it to another image hosting site (xomf) so hopefully you see it in the post now.

nadir and fsr were more adventurous that I to click on that link by a first-time poster! The thumbnail would have given me more confidence to click right away . . .
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:46 pm

golinux wrote:Oh that's great! Fits right in. One technical note . . . the logo looks a little too far to the right and a bit too low. That's important as it adjusts to different monitor sizes. You might also want to know that Devuan provides wallpaper images at these resolutions to accommodate most screen sizes - 1280x1024 and 1680x1050. Thanks for your contribution.

Thanks, great feedback! I'll make those adjustments when I get home later today.
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:48 pm

golinux wrote:
Mike wrote:Sorry folks, for some reason the thumbnail wasn't working when I pointed it to the file on pCloud. I changed it to another image hosting site (xomf) so hopefully you see it in the post now.

nadir and fsr were more adventurous that I to click on that link by a first-time poster! The thumbnail would have given me more confidence to click right away . . .

I understand! I actually thought that myself when I was posting it. What's strange is the thumbnail worked for me but likely because it was cached on my machine. Not sure why the hotlinking didn't work with pCloud. I guess I'll have to experiment with it a bit.
Mike

Postby figlfdev » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:55 pm

:) its loading now that its fixed.
figlfdev

Postby nadir » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:05 pm

Mike wrote:
nadir wrote:I like it, slighlly lighter. Mike.

I guess in general i would prefer a single color and a logo and thats it. In case someone could do that for me.
btw: Where do i store the wallpapers / etc la-la-la ... ?

No problem, I can do that. Would you like a particular color?

Na, i don't care much for the color. Something not too aggressive (like red or so). Gradient would be good too.
Well: just use your imagination. I am open for anything. Looks like you got the hang of it.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:23 pm

nadir wrote:I guess in general i would prefer a single color and a logo and thats it. In case someone could do that for me.
btw: Where do i store the wallpapers / etc la-la-la ... ?

If you can forego the logo. you can do a gradient or solid color from right clicking on the Desktop. You can put wallpapers anywhere you like, even your user directory. Or if you're using xfce you can put them in /usr/share/backgrounds/xfce/ or /usr/share/xfce4/backdrops/
golinux

Postby nadir » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:33 pm

thanks for the path.

I usually set the wallpaper to a single color (or gradient) the way you described, the logo is what i would want.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby nadir » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:34 pm

though now that i stored Mike*s wallpapter at said path and set the desktop to make use of it: like it too.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:59 pm

I think what I'll do is create a couple of masked wallpapers with the logo. What this means is that you can set the desktop background color to whatever you like and the wallpaper will be mostly transparent, except for the logo. I could do the inverse of that too where the wallpaper background is a solid neutral color and the logo is masked so that the desktop background color shows through the logo. I'll have to turn the logo into an SVG first so I can enlarge it without any distortion.
Mike

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:46 pm

fsmithred wrote:If you want to redo it with a cleaner logo, here's the file:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/file ... fracta.png

This was the only one I could find on my hard drive. You'll need to change the color. I can add the finished file to the wallpaper directory.

Note that many years ago I rotated the 'star' to a more horizontal orientation. So please take that into account if/when you work from the above file.
golinux

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss