Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Another Refracta Wallpaper

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Re: Another Refracta Wallpaper

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:55 pm

golinux wrote:Note that many years ago I rotated the 'star' to a more horizontal orientation. So please take that into account if/when you work from the above file.

Sorry, I guess I'm not picking up what you're putting down. So you mean it shouldn't be how it is on the Refracta home page or is that how the final logo star should look? I just want to be sure what I create aligns with your original vision.
Mike

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Mike wrote:
golinux wrote:Note that many years ago I rotated the 'star' to a more horizontal orientation. So please take that into account if/when you work from the above file.

Sorry, I guess I'm not picking up what you're putting down. So you mean it shouldn't be how it is on the Refracta home page or is that how the final logo star should look? I just want to be sure what I create aligns with your original vision.

The vertical orientation of the original 'star' was very static. I rotated it so it had more movement. Here's before and after:

May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:03 pm

Gotcha, I see what you mean. I prefer the second one as well.
Mike

Postby fsmithred » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:46 pm

Why is the star on the website the old star, even after I put the new logo in the images dir?
fsmithred

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:50 pm

Good question! I probably wasn't paying attention . . .
golinux

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:32 pm

golinux, would you mind sharing your original image file? That would be easier for me to work with. Thanks! 8-)
Mike

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Mike wrote:golinux, would you mind sharing your original image file? That would be easier for me to work with. Thanks! 8-)

I worked on that so many years ago, I could barely find it. It's all rather a mess and will take some sorting. So won't be immediate . . .
golinux

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:58 pm

OK, no worries. I'll start with what I have for now.
Mike

Postby golinux » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:17 am

OK. Here's what I have.

@Mike - I have a confession . . . I'm still working on PS7 in wine! I can do some things in Gimp but it eats the layers in my psds (I learned that the hard way). And svgs are a mystery to me. So if you could get this into a more precise format that would be super!

The font I used for the logo is Crystal Clear with faux italic overlay - download. There is a bit of a drop shadow and I used color overlay on the 'star'.

@fsmithred - Here's a quick redo of the logo with the rotated 'star'. Maybe Mike will be able to do a more precise version:

Well, going over all that was exhausting. I'm getting too old for this . . .
golinux

Postby Mike » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:27 am

Thank you! I will convert this to vector format so that it can be resized for any purpose such as print and ultra high def displays.
Mike

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss