Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Another Refracta Wallpaper

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Another Refracta Wallpaper

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:09 am

Wanted a lighter wallpaper. I couldn't find the same logo as the stock wallpaper but found one online. The gimp .xcf file is included if anyone wants to change it up.

Download Original
Last edited by Mike on Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mike

Re: Another Refracta Wallpaper

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:41 am

How about a thumbnail?
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby figlfdev » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:58 am

golinux wrote:How about a thumbnail?

i tried downloading it, but its stuck on some "cloud" website. its probably because i didnt install adobe this or java that, but i will try again anyway when the weather improves.

the more the web "evolves" the more it reminds me of internet explorer 4. optimized for malware...

you used to just click on a link, but obviously thats too easy. you had ONE JOB, w3c.
figlfdev

Postby fsmithred » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:17 pm

If you want to redo it with a cleaner logo, here's the file:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/file ... fracta.png

This was the only one I could find on my hard drive. You'll need to change the color. I can add the finished file to the wallpaper directory.
fsmithred

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:40 pm

I don't know where that is in the universe but the current wallpaper is the Milky Way. That is home to our solar system which is relevant to Devuan using names of minor planets therein for releases - jessie, ascii, ceres etc.
golinux

Postby nadir » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:18 pm

I like it, slighlly lighter. Mike.

I guess in general i would prefer a single color and a logo and thats it. In case someone could do that for me.
btw: Where do i store the wallpapers / etc la-la-la ... ?
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:27 pm

Sorry folks, for some reason the thumbnail wasn't working when I pointed it to the file on pCloud. I changed it to another image hosting site (xomf) so hopefully you see it in the post now.

Thanks for the image, fsmithred. I think that's the one that I used.
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:31 pm

golinux wrote:I don't know where that is in the universe but the current wallpaper is the Milky Way. That is home to our solar system which is relevant to Devuan using names of minor planets therein for releases - jessie, ascii, ceres etc.

This is the original image: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150522.html

The description says "In the dusty sky toward the constellation Taurus and the Orion Arm of our Milky Way Galaxy, this broad mosaic follows dark and faint reflection nebulae along the region's fertile molecular cloud."
Mike

Postby Mike » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:35 pm

nadir wrote:I like it, slighlly lighter. Mike.

I guess in general i would prefer a single color and a logo and thats it. In case someone could do that for me.
btw: Where do i store the wallpapers / etc la-la-la ... ?

No problem, I can do that. Would you like a particular color?
Mike

Postby golinux » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Mike wrote:
golinux wrote:I don't know where that is in the universe but the current wallpaper is the Milky Way. That is home to our solar system which is relevant to Devuan using names of minor planets therein for releases - jessie, ascii, ceres etc.

This is the original image: https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap150522.html

The description says "In the dusty sky toward the constellation Taurus and the Orion Arm of our Milky Way Galaxy, this broad mosaic follows dark and faint reflection nebulae along the region's fertile molecular cloud."

Oh that's great! Fits right in. One technical note . . . the logo looks a little too far to the right and a bit too low. That's important as it adjusts to different monitor sizes. You might also want to know that Devuan provides wallpaper images at these resolutions to accommodate most screen sizes - 1280x1024 and 1680x1050. Thanks for your contribution.
golinux

Next

Return to Discuss