Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Auto-Login, display managers, 0160-sysvinit

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Auto-Login, display managers, 0160-sysvinit

Postby fsmithred » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:03 pm

In refractainstaller (gui or cli) if you change the username and un-check the boxes for autologin, then autologin will not work in the installation. There were a couple of problems causing this.

1. I added some code to refractainstaller to change the username in the display manager configuration.
2. Auto-login to console stopped working, because /lib/live/config/0160-sysvinit, which edits the getty lines in etc/inittab depends on sysvinit being installed. There is no longer a package by that name. So I created 0161-sysvinit-core, which does the same thing if sysvinit-core is installed.

The changes in refractainstaller will be added to 9.1.9.
The additional live-config script, 0161-sysvinit-core will be added to live-config-refracta-0.0.3.

I'll get both of these packages updated this week. If you can't wait, here are the new scripts:

0161-sysvinit-core Copy this file to /lib/live/config/ before you make the snapshot.
https://gist.github.com/fsmithred/3157a ... 7e5062da9f

refractainstaller-yad-username Run this one instead of refractainstaller-yad. You can replace /usr/bin/refractainstaller-yad with this one, if you want. I'll put the changes in the next release of refractainstaller-gui.
I didn't test it with slim, but I think it will work. It does work with lightdm.
https://gist.github.com/fsmithred/967e1 ... 53759b0a05
fsmithred

Return to Discuss