Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Distrowatch

For general announcements.

Re: Distrowatch

Postby golinux » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:02 pm

Mike wrote:So what's the story there? Did Dean take a break during rehab or something?

IIRC he's doing a back-to-earth thing. Helps to put priorities in focus. :)
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:12 pm

Nice! I've been reading up on permaculture and homesteading myself so it looks like I'm in good company.
Mike

Postby deanmean » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:36 pm

deanmean wrote:dean is a bit...uh....all over the place....and the voices he listens to are all in his head....
fsr is a bit more stable...and listens to others...

in a moment of clarity dean realized refracta could keep being his fun time silliness or maybe be more with some steady direction...

more this than that :lol:
deanmean

Postby nadir » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 pm

Gotta say that i don't remember when or how it happened.
Probably out ot nothing (the old chaotic way things were ... :-) )
Anyway: This thread doesn't put any light on it, it seems:
refracta-is-dead-long-live-refracta-t26.html

... what i do recall is that fsmithred was getting better and better with bash. but i don't know if it had anything to do with it.

I guess it doesn't matter that much anyway. Just a bit of chat.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby fsmithred » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:32 pm

I vow to get you up off your couch and trying new builds.

I admit, I've been slacking on that vow. But for the past month, this folder at ibiblio has been looking more like the old refracta - http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/files/experimental/
I've replaced the isos there a few times, and I'm gonna do it again soon. If you want it, I've got a jessie-icewm iso that weighs in at 384MB.

This thread has a more detailed history -
refracta-wiki-project-t235.html
fsmithred

Postby figlfdev » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:34 pm

Mike wrote:Nice! I've been reading up on permaculture and homesteading myself so it looks like I'm in good company.

ive been comparing free software to permaculture and csas for a while now. i have yet to automate a home garden using refracta (perhaps devuan given the arch) on beaglebone sbcs, but i have distant relatives that were early inventors of some revolutionary farming machinery. we need a lot more people-centric technology. corporations may be necessary for now, but they have done far too much.
figlfdev

Postby golinux » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:36 pm

Are we ever going to put together an bout page for the site? We've been talking about it for a while.
golinux

Postby figlfdev » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:38 pm

good idea. why dont you throw some text together and let fsr (or dean) edit it to his liking?

(or have them throw some text together and you edit it to your liking?)
figlfdev

Postby golinux » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:42 pm

I already kind of started trying to sort it years ago. Look at the link that fsr posted above. But I don't feel qualified to put it together since I'm a relative latecomer.
golinux

Postby stavreli » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:40 pm

fsmithred wrote:We made the Distrowatch waiting list. Guess we've been around long enough to be noticed. :)
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=links#new

next stop, www.phoronix.com/
stavreli

Previous

Return to Announcements