Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

heres an idea for the dev1galaxy forum and its little list

If it's not on-topic, it's in here.

heres an idea for the dev1galaxy forum and its little list

Postby figlfdev » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:39 am

there is not one mention of Devuan on that page and Puppy/Refracta seems a little too far afield.

list a derivative if you want to-- if you dont want to list it, if its not important or doesnt meet your arbitrary criteria for what a distro is, dont bother with it. here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQkPBurdLMc

seriously, you dont have to let me into your little club if im not what youre looking for. id rather go where im needed than where im "let in" on some technicality. i mean ive answered questions about this so many times, i think people are just f***ing around over there.

have fun though. i left my keys in the door, but you can delete the account too if you feel like it. the whole experience is completely ridiculous. im not looking for new ways to bend over like some kind of circus attraction. ive had devuan installed since march 2015, and the whole time ive known golinux its like shes been asking over and over for proof that i have something to do with devuan. youre so petty and ridiculous-- all the projects ive talked to people about ive developed IN DEVUAN. when you make your "purpy" theme bootable, then we can talk. until then, just dont bother me. i wont bother with you either-- even better.
figlfdev

Re: heres an idea for the dev1galaxy forum and its little li

Postby thwak » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:02 pm

[post redacted]I now regret my participation in this thread. I should have just PMed fig to ask.
A followup reply busted my chops for asking about bootable purpy. It's mentioned right there in post #1
Last edited by thwak on Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thwak

Postby golinux » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:57 pm

figlfdev wrote:(dramatic nonsense)

Good grief. Was that really necessary? It is not a "club" and you are not excluded. You are free to post whatever you want about figos or anything that floats your boat. So do whatever you want but please leave the drama and personal attacks at the door.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby golinux » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:19 pm

thwak wrote:What is the meaning of "when purpy theme is bootable"?

http://dev1galaxy.org/search.php?action ... er_id=3722

I have never heard that phrase you quoted and could not find it on the forum. Are you sure you're in the right place?

thwak wrote:My understanding was that "purpy" was the name of a forum theme, skin.

Yes, there are two. One with black code BG and one with gray code BG as per user request.

thwak wrote:That same color scheme is now default devuan desktop theme... and is glitchy when you boot to devuan desktop?

Unless you tweaked it yourself you do NOT yet have the purpy desktop theme. It is only now being integrated into the desktop-base pkg. It's been working flawlessly on my desktop since spring - not one glitch. It is the default Xfce theme but also works on mate and openbox. Other DE/WM ymmv . . .

thwak wrote:The now edited and redacted posts leave me wondering whether, or to what degree, one or several people overreacted.

I have only edited my own posts - mostly for typos. Never touched anyone else's except by their request because they didn't have permissions to do so. So don't know what you're talking about.

thwak wrote:
i think people are just f***ing around over there.
Folks busily talking about their adventures in trying to purge the letter d from the alphabet.
If that's "just farting around", shrug, at least it keeps 'em off the streets.

thwak, don't hangout there if it doesn't suit you . . .

In the meantime, there's work to be done on Devuan projects so bye . . .
golinux

Postby figlfdev » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:24 am

thwak wrote:What is the meaning of "when purpy theme is bootable"?

most of my post was addressed to a single person. the ambiguity is due to the fact that its not all addressed to that person. yes, purpy is a theme. thats actually the point of that line.

as i said, the entire time ive known golinux every other post or message is some kind of challenge to prove how it relates to anything.

frankly, im interested in community, not running a f***ing gauntlet everyday to help one person understand why the rest of us code things-- (or what that has to do with devuan.

its one thing to ask about something vaguely worded, but to constantly ask in so many words "what does this have to do with anything" is just obnoxious-- i dont need that kind of "friend" trolling me for an entire year... is pretty much the gist of my post. which i didnt really intend to reiterate, but your question seems sincere. hopefully that sorts it all out.

i was going to delete this post, but (in a rare occurance) it actually got replies here. hey, thats cool. hope this sorts out the rest of it. back to your regularly scheduled... who are we kidding? theres absolutely nothing around here thats regularly scheduled. but some of us do try.

did you consider that was perhaps due to a POV of someone feeling overwrought battling spamposts to the the new forum?

SO MANY times... ive waited about a year to decide whether i should take that sh** personally. at this point the answer to that is: "close enough." if its "not intended to be personal" theres still something pathological going on-- for example, ruthlessly insulting someone for simply GETTING A DOG. im not holding this out as a perfect example im just saying, im not the only one thats noticed a pattern here.

i dont expect anyone to side with me on this (and im not asking anyone to anyway) but it is what it is-- this is mostly all an "inside joke"-- except its not a joke-- and there probably arent enough people on this forum for it to stretch out more than a day or so. good. theres no reason it ought to.

Folks busily talking about their adventures in trying to purge the letter d from the alphabet.

no, my comment was not intended to disparage anyone simply looking for a way to get rid of s5d. thats still worthwhile, imo. and devuan is still (for better or worse) the best way i know how, unless its some derivative of devuan, such as refracta for one example.
figlfdev

Postby golinux » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:47 am

Feel better? My suggestion - either get a grip or a good therapist. The problem is not 'out here' but in your own head.
golinux

Postby figlfdev » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:57 am

golinux wrote:either get a grip or a good therapist. The problem is not 'out here' but in your own head.

since im not the first person to receive this advice from golinux on how to deal with golinux, heres my own advice-- wherever the "problem" is, the symptoms improve substantially when you stay away from people that never miss the chance to turn a conversation into condescension. the problem just might be in their head, and not your own. (but since im not a licensed clinician, its really just a guess, you know?)

we got into a debate and Solok said that Vulcans were naturally superior to Humans and other 'emotionally handicapped species'. Of course, I took the opposite position. So there I am, drunk and debating logic versus emotion with a smug and very sober Vulcan.

-- benjamin sisko

...anyway.
figlfdev

Postby golinux » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:37 am

You finished yet? LOL!
golinux

Postby figlfdev » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:47 am

golinux wrote:You finished yet? LOL!

actually, since you find this so amusing, i am going to add one more thing. i was just talking to someone privately about my experience with abusive relationships.

youre right-- part of the problem is that people "set themselves up" for one by not addressing certain vulnerabilities.

but since youre so tickled by all this, im just going to say one thing. for about a year, you acted like you and i were friends. we are clearly not-- i dont think youre capable of caring about other individuals.

i dont know you very well (but after you spent a year pretending to be a friend, i sort of ought to.) this is what i was going to say-- i know ed has his faults, and ive seen him at what is probably his worst. but although it wasnt the point of this thread (not even close) i think you befriended him for his vulnerabilities-- hes no idiot (hes obviously very bright and talented) but he is insecure, and i suspect that within the next year you will find another clever but vulnerable "friend" to chew up and spit out in IDENTICAL fashion to ed and myself. this is something you do, and you do it in a distinct pattern-- youre almost certainly going to do it again. dont worry, the internet is full of people for you to feed off of, (is it not?) --bye, golinux.
figlfdev

Postby golinux » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:04 am

I still consider you a friend. Ed and I were friends long before I ever heard of you or fig so you really don't know what you're babbling about. He was the first contributor to the HowTo section of dev1galaxy so obviously not holding a grudge. When you see one corner of a tapestry and make up the the rest chances are it won't be the right picture so stop trying to fabricate false justifications. I do have skill at reflecting people back to themselves rather than supporting and enabling. Just trying to wake people up a bit. Consider it a sort of zen stick. Obviously you just got whacked. :)
golinux

Next

Return to General Nonsense