Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

How to delete spam

Tips and Instructional topics. Not for support questions.

How to delete spam

Postby fsmithred » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:12 pm

This one is for me, so I don't have to spend an hour trying to figure out how to delete a post. I'm used to different forum software.

Edit the post, and there's a checkbox at the top to delete the post. No need to go into the admin panel, although I believe I once found a way to do it there.
fsmithred

Re: How to delete spam

Postby fsmithred » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:57 am

Today, I can't edit the post. There's no edit button. Instead, go to ACP, Manage Users, select the user, and the bottom is a button with drop-down menu, and one of the choices is "Delete all posts."

That sucks. Searching the knowledge database doesn't help, either. It just tells me that unless I'm an administrator, I can only delete my own posts. Thanks.
fsmithred

Postby fsmithred » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:00 am

Five minutes later, and now the edit button is back. WTF?
fsmithred

Postby nadir » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:33 am

I sure got no idea what the problem might be.

Why i post:
I saw them and thought: "oh, ah, uh, ****".
Now am happy that they are removed (more or less easily, at least very fast :-) )

From what i see freeforums doesn't suffer from that much of spam.
I wish i would know why.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Return to How-to