Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

MeanDeans no-systemd

Tips and Instructional topics. Not for support questions.

MeanDeans no-systemd

Postby nadir » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:15 am

Note by me, nadir:
All paths which start with etc will miss the leading / ; you will have to add it manually after copy/paste to the CLI.
----

debian jessie amd64 netinst install
all choices at the software selection stage de-selected

Add the following to etc/apt/preferences.d/00systemd
Code: Select all
    Package: *systemd*
    Pin: origin ""
    Pin-Priority: -1

This blocks anything with systemd in the name from ever being installed.

Add the following to etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00recommends

APT::Install-Recommends "0";

This stops recommended packages from being installed.
This is optional. It isn't related specifically to systemd just keeps your install a bit leaner.

Run the following command

apt-get install sysvinit-core sysvinit

This installs the sysv init system and should remove the systemd init system.

Now reboot so that sysv is active as the init system

apt-get autoremove --purge libsystemd0

This will remove the libsystemd0 package and anything that depends on it. You will have to type in Yes, do as I say! and press enter as it will be removing packages that the debian package system has marked as essential.

apt-get autoremove --purge

This cleans up some left over cruft.

Now you can visit http://mirror.org.rs/trios/pool/non-systemd/ to download the packages you need and manually install them. I will list/describe some below. You get to figure out what else you may need.

libpulse from the /p/pulseaudio/ directory so you can install stuff like mplayer, vlc, totem, etc...
libdbus, dbus, dbus-x11 from the /d/dbus/ directory so you can install stuff like roxterm, gksu, gimp, etc...
libpolkit-gobject, libpolkit-agent from the /p/policykit/ directory which I think are required for xfce, lxde, etc...

Instead of manually installing the packages you need you can add the trios repo and adjust your apt preferences to prefer packages from them. They have a small number of packages that will replace your debian version packages if you do a dist-upgrade or install something that requires those packages. So there are some ramifications. That being said I have done so and not experienced any problems.

You can add

deb http://mirror.org.rs/trios/ mia non-systemd main

to your sources

add the following to etc/apt/preferences.d/00trios

Package: *
    Pin: origin mirror.org.rs
    Pin-Priority: 9999

to give this repo priority

then you can apt-get to your hearts desire
So i herd u liek mudkip?