Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

polkit rebuild?

Stuff that has not yet gone into the official build.

polkit rebuild?

Postby fsmithred » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Running jessie-sysv with dzz repacks of cups, policykit-1, libpulse0 and dbus. Tried to start gparted from the menu, and it wouldn't start. Then the desktop became unresponsive. First time, I could ctrl-alt-F2 to console. Second time that did not work, nor did magic-sysrq-k kill the desktop. reisub did reboot it. If I start gparted from a root terminal or from within refracta2usb, it works fine. If I start gparted-pkexec from user terminal, it asks for root password and works correctly.

Is it a problem with polkit, or is there something missing that provides the graphical frontend to take the password?
fsmithred

Re: polkit rebuild?

Postby fsmithred » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:49 am

Doesn't work with the older dbus and libpulse, either (in the Dec. 3 jessie-sysv build). I'm pretty sure policykit-1-gnome is the missing piece. It wants libsystemd0, and it claims that policykit-1 needs libpam-systemd. Haven't tried it on the install with the repacked policykit-1 yet. Will edit this post when I do.

One thing different with the older packages and no policykit is that the desktop doesn't hang. Try to open gparted from the menu and nothing happens, nothing shows up in top.

Update: policykit-1-gnome installed easily on jessie with rebuilt debs. It did not pull in any other packages with it. Still can't start gparted from menu, and the desktop still becomes unresponsive. CPU usage is around 2-3% at the time.
fsmithred

Re: polkit rebuild?

Postby nadir » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:10 pm

I for one don't know the system that deeply, hence my post might be pointless.
edbarx posted the (actual, small) repo of devuan at forums debian net.
If you didn't see that post:
http://packages.psycast.de/devuan sid main

I think it contains polkit (like said above, i never went that deep when it comes to the system).

You probably know the link already.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Return to Experimental