Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

backing up the forum

Share your ideas and give feedback about the board.

Re: backing up the forum

Postby jheaton5 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:47 pm

nadir wrote:forum master -> i prefer the correct term "the god of gods".

Kidding aside:
The command from above takes 4MB right now.
I for one will try to run it once a day.
I will back that up at another partition too.

It won't hurt if others do so too:
Code: Select all
wget -k -m -E -p -np -R memberlist.php*,faq.php*,viewtopic.php*p=*,posting.php*,search.php*,ucp.php*,viewonline.php*,*sid*,*view=print*,*start=0* -o log.txt http://refracta.freeforums.org/index.php

It's "King of Kings and Lord of Lords"
jheaton5

Postby nadir » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:28 pm

As far i know (it is not very far) you are right.

I was quoting the Hollywood film "300". If i recall correct there Xerxes says what i said.

I like a lot of the symbols used in the bible, i use them now and then, but as my knowledge is limited it might always be wrong (or only half-right, which usually is worse).
That said: The lord of lords being born in a stable, poor, in the backwater of Rome... and the real-world-kings have to come and they do come to kneel down and praise him, is one of my favorites.
I got a few others (like Maria and Martha), but that is one of them.

What i know i know from F.Nietzsche (not Nietsche the Antichrist, who was a fool, but Nietzsche, the son of a pastor, who knew quite a lot about the subject): that means i am biased.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby jheaton5 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:27 am

nadir wrote:As far i know (it is not very far) you are right.

I was quoting the Hollywood film "300". If i recall correct there Xerxes says what i said.

I like a lot of the symbols used in the bible, i use them now and then, but as my knowledge is limited it might always be wrong (or only half-right, which usually is worse).
That said: The lord of lords being born in a stable, poor, in the backwater of Rome... and the real-world-kings have to come and they do come to kneel down and praise him, is one of my favorites.
I got a few others (like Maria and Martha), but that is one of them.

What i know i know from F.Nietzsche (not Nietsche the Antichrist, who was a fool, but Nietzsche, the son of a pastor, who knew quite a lot about the subject): that means i am biased.

And full of surprises, my friend.
jheaton5

Postby mharrison » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:34 pm

nadir wrote:forum master -> i prefer the correct term "the god of gods".

Kidding aside:
The command from above takes 4MB right now.
I for one will try to run it once a day.
I will back that up at another partition too.

It won't hurt if others do so too:
Code: Select all
wget -k -m -E -p -np -R memberlist.php*,faq.php*,viewtopic.php*p=*,posting.php*,search.php*,ucp.php*,viewonline.php*,*sid*,*view=print*,*start=0* -o log.txt http://refracta.freeforums.org/index.php

I'll start running a backup nightly. I have a couple of spare 500 gig drives laying around I can throw in my external enclosure and keep a backup running as well.
mharrison

Previous

Return to Forum proposals