Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

New versions of tools for jessie/sid

For general announcements.

New versions of tools for jessie/sid

Postby fsmithred » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:00 pm

There are new versions of refractasnapshot, refractainstaller and refracta2usb for jessie/sid. Some of the changes address changes in live-config and syslinux, and some of the changes eliminate the need for gksu. This change was made for those who don't want gksu or its dependencies on their system.

There's a new folder at the sourceforge site for versions that are in testing. The new tools are there now, and there will soon be at least one live iso containing a debian jessie remix that uses sysvinit instead of systemd.

testing folder at sourceforge -
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refrac ... s/testing/
fsmithred

Re: New versions of tools for jessie/sid

Postby hyperclock » Fri May 29, 2015 7:14 pm

I just discorvered this tool about two days ago, so testing is not as intensive as it will be within the next 2-3 weeks.

But what I've done so far is just AWESOME. I just can't find words to explain how excited I am about this tool.

I've created a 32 & 64 bit " no x-window" and added some packages I always add to a netinstall Debian. This was done on 2 seperate systems, not on any type of virtual stuff. Then I burned the *.iso images and then installed those on two other systems and added "apt-get install task-cinnamon-desktop task-print-server" on those. These worked VERY well.

This was done without reading any infos and as a quick test to see if this would be a replacement tool for me. Short answer is YES IT WILL!!!

Now I need to gather more info and do some more testing.

All I can say is Great Job, Great Tool, MANY MANY THANKS ....
hyperclock

Re: New versions of tools for jessie/sid

Postby fsmithred » Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:05 am

Tools for jessie have been moved to the tools folder at sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/tools/

Refracta Installer and Snapshot 9.1.x work on Wheezy and Jessie (maybe Stretch and Sid, too). refracta2usb-0.9.7 works on Wheezy only. Older tools (for Wheezy only, and maybe Squeeze) are in the older_tools directory.

refracta2usb-2.0~beta2 is in the testing folder at sourceforge. It works with wheezy and jessie (maybe more). As far as I can tell, it works. I'll take the beta off the name after I hear from some others that it works. Feel free to try it and report.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/testing/

@hyperclock: Glad you like the tools. Hope they're still working for you. Let me know if you run into bugs.
fsmithred

Return to Announcements