Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Forum Archive

For general announcements.

Forum Archive

Postby fsmithred » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:55 pm

There is now a backup copy of this forum at our home page (not linked on any of the web pages yet.) If this forum goes down, and you need to refer to an old post, you can find it here -
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/files/forum_archive/

It's read-only. And some of the links will lead you back here, to the real forum, if it's up.

Edit: I deleted it after I realized all the advertising links are active. The link above will lead you to a compressed archive: forum_archive.tar.xz (or possibly something similar, with a date.)
Download it, unpack it somewhere in your home directory, and open index.html.
Archive file is 9.6MB, and it unpacks to around 220MB.

No guarantees on how often I'll update it, but the forum gets backed up a couple times a week. If we go out for more than a couple hours, there's a good chance I'll update the tarball.
fsmithred

Re: Forum Archive

Postby golinux » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:33 pm

That could come in handy some day. Thanks for doing it. IIRC, you are running backups regularly?
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Re: Forum Archive

Postby thwak » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:18 am

If you scrape from this starting URL
?mobile=mobile
archive would be smaller and without ads?
thwak

Return to Announcements