Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

upgrade refracta/devuan to testing

Stuff that has not yet gone into the official build.

upgrade refracta/devuan to testing

Postby nadir » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:02 pm

Two days ago i could install stable,
apt-mark hold xserver* and xorg*
upgrade and it worked.
libsystemd0 was installed after i installed pidgin.

Now i did a minimal installation (devuan), installed xorg, icewm, tilda and vim, used apt-mark hold and running apt-get upgrade will still install libsystemd0 (which probably will make "startx" fail.

When running "apt- get upgrade | grep libsystemd0", is there a way to tell why it shall be installed (before running apt-get upgrade) ?
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Re: upgrade refracta/devuan to testing

Postby figlfdev » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:25 pm

xorg or xorg-legacy? any experience with the latter?

i think i tried it. since we are looking for a non-change more than a change, im not sure what i can tell you about it. it might not have changed anything, which i think is the point? this is all probably more relevant to ascii than jessie, like the thread says.
figlfdev

Re: upgrade refracta/devuan to testing

Postby nadir » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 pm

No. xorg. Let me try later with legacy too.
I did that already, and it didn't work, but i can't remember why.

aptitude why libstemd0 told me tilda would be the culprit. I removed it and that removed libsystemd0 too.
I did dist-upgrade, which would install libsystemd0 again.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Return to Experimental