Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Synaptic not using detailed description after reload

Stuff that has not yet gone into the official build.

Synaptic not using detailed description after reload

Postby greenjeans » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:15 pm

So here's a weird one that started on me a while ago, not sure when and again i'm experimenting and this is referring to my sir-hacks-a-lot iso's, so it may be something I did.

Synaptic shows a longer detailed description of any package in the main lower window when you select it, it also has a one-liner description in the last field of the upper window where all the packages and their names etc. are listed.

So after I open up Synaptic on a new install, I have the detailed descriptions, after I "reload", the detailed descriptions are replaced in the lower window with the one-liner descriptions instead, for all packages except any package that has the word "devuan" in it.

Strange huh?

Also having a problem with my 32 bit version, at some point I deleted all the files in the /var/backup folder before a run, on the 64 bit version it has already added some back in, but on the 32 bit version it's still blank even after re-boots.
http://www.mrgreenjeans.net/opensource
Devuan-mate-minimal hybrid-iso, made with Refractasnapshot.
greenjeans

Re: Synaptic not using detailed description after reload

Postby fsmithred » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:35 pm

That sounds like a problem with the way the devuan repo handles the debian repo. It's worth raising an issue on git.devuan.org, if it's not already there. I'll bet the devs don't know about it, because they don't use synaptic.
fsmithred

Postby golinux » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:18 pm

I think it is a known issue to make amprolla more efficient iirc
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby greenjeans » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:55 pm

golinux wrote:I think it is a known issue to make amprolla more efficient iirc

That would explain it. But it makes synaptic lose a lot of useability imo, an inexperienced user now has really no good idea of what they might be installing.
http://www.mrgreenjeans.net/opensource
Devuan-mate-minimal hybrid-iso, made with Refractasnapshot.
greenjeans

Postby fsmithred » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:27 pm

fsmithred

Return to Experimental