Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Refractasnapshot v.10 terminal user will not logout <Solved>

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Refractasnapshot v.10 terminal user will not logout <Solved>

Postby nixer » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:04 pm

In reading the below thread, I get the impression that there might be a slight problem with the v.10 of refractasnapshot (beta version).
Refracta 10 (almost)

My probIem and the above problem may be one in the same. I don't know for sure as the above discussion is over my head, mostly. I have a situation that upon booting, the user will already be logged in, and entering the command "exit" will not log them out. I am using v.10 (not beta) of refractasnapshot and v. 9.1.9 of refractainstaller. I don't know which one is the culprit so I will mention both. This happens not on the livedvd but rather on the installed os.

I just tested this by installing the lesser versions of these programs, 9.3.4 snapshot and 9.1.8 installer, and these two function perfectly in that upon booting the user will not be logged in. At this point either a user or root can login.

I think something has been changed in the newer version(s). Just wanted to report what I found.
Last edited by nixer on Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nixer

Re: Refractasnapshot v.10 terminal user will not logout

Postby fsmithred » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:57 am

What desktop and display manager are you using?
Did you tell the installer to disable auto-login to desktop and console?
Did you change the user name during the install?
Where are you typing 'exit'? Is it in a terminal on a graphical desktop or in a plain console? Exactly what happens when you try to exit?

Yes, some things changed in the installer between 9.1.8 and 9.1.9, and they had to do with handling auto-login when the user name was changed.

If you try it again, please run the installer with the -d option for a complete debug log.
fsmithred

Postby nixer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:00 am

Actually, at the time, I was not using a desktop environment. I was building my own minimal netinstall in virtualbox. I installed the devuan64 beta netinstall, then installed refractainstaller (9.1.9) and snapshot (10.0), created a livedvd and then tested the install on metal. I verified the situation into another vbox guest. I also verified that I disabled the auto-login. I also tested it without disabling the autologin and got no change.

I knew that this was a different action from previous uses of refracta tools, so I downloaded the previous version of both. This morning, I tested each program individually on an Xfce install and know that it is something changed in the installer, not the snapshot, as you already know. I was sure to disable the autologin. To my knowledge, this only changes slim.conf, but I may be wrong.

I did not change the username during the install process. I have rarely done this before, so I did not do it then. FYI... during the netinstall process, I created my individual account name and kept this name during the refractainstall.

After the refractainstaller finishes and I reboot, I drop to a terminal with Ctrl+Alt+F1 and it is there that the user is already logged in and I can't exit out to login as root. I could su to root, and this is may be by your design, but it is a noticeable difference between what is and has been the "normal" when dropping to a terminal.

I will try again with the -d option and I am also curious what happens on a ssh login. I forgot to check that. I will report back.
nixer

Postby fsmithred » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:36 am

It sounds like console autologin did not get disabled. That part of the code wasn't changed. Take a look in /var/log/refractainstaller_error.log for obvious errors. Make sure that /usr/lib/refractainstaller/inittab.debian exists. It should have been copied to etc/inittab during the install.

If you log out of xfce, do you get logged back in automatically, or does the slim login screen wait for you to log in?
fsmithred

Postby nixer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:38 am

fsmithred,

I reinstalled the refractainstaller (9.1.9) and refractasnapshot (10.0) into the cli build that I am tinkering with. The same result happened. When the installed os boots, the command prompt will already show me as logged in, with "[email protected]" instead of "hostname login". This is at the initial boot, not merely using Ctrl+Alt+F1. I made sure that "disable autologin" was set to "y" (lowercase y).

The results of "refractainstaller -d" at the installer has been emailed to your email address at gmail. I will be glad to test more, but I don't know what to try.
nixer

Postby fsmithred » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Got it.

Starting at line 1309 of /usr/bin/refractainstaller (the cli script)
change this
Code: Select all
if [[ $disable_auto_desktop = "yes" ]]; then
   set_noautologin_desktop
else
   set_autologin_desktop
fi   

To this:
Code: Select all
if [[ $disable_auto_desktop = "yes" ]]; then
   set_noautologin_desktop
   disable_auto_console="yes"
else
   set_autologin_desktop
fi   

disable_auto_console was not getting set in the cli script. It's ok in the gui script. Turns out I did move some code around that affects this. It should be back to normal with the edit above - in the cli script, disabling autologin to console and to desktop are one choice. In the gui script, you can set them individually.
fsmithred

Postby nixer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:01 pm

Thanks, that did the trick!
nixer

Re: Refractasnapshot v.10 terminal user will not logout <Sol

Postby fsmithred » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Thanks for reporting it. I did confirm the problem and the fix, and I uploaded a new package:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refrac ... b/download
fsmithred

Postby nixer » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:44 pm

You might want to make a small correction to the readme.tools file on the version correction located on sourceforge. You uploaded v.9.1.9-1 and the readme.tools file says

refractainstaller-base 9.2.1

* Fixed regression in cli script.
* disable_auto_console gets set with disable_auto_desktop again

A small change indeed, but it will help avoid confusion.
nixer

Postby fsmithred » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:02 pm

Thanks again. I fixed two versions - 9.2.1 is the next one that will be released. Not sure when that will be. (9.2.0 is only in the amd64 iso and is specific to that release. )
fsmithred

Return to Discuss