Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

vlock, if you miss logged out vts in refracta

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

vlock, if you miss logged out vts in refracta

Postby figlfdev » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:22 pm

trying the latest refracta (i386-20161014_1432) with mkfigos, its working ok. no .service files, no machine-id, evince since machine-id is required for atril to load a pdf.

however, this is about refracta-- previous versions had the vt logged out (i thought the change would be in inittab, but both the old and new versions match: md5sum 5a107e6c5de94c95d3f2802e377670d5).

previously if you logged in and out of the vt, youd be logged out again.

now, each vt (1-6) is autologged in (thats new) and if you log out, it just re-logins and youre still logged in.

in other words, theres no longer a trivial way (like ctrl-d or exit) to log out of the vt. apt-get install vlock will let you lock them, though you have to run it on each vt (1-6, although vlock -a does the current vt and prevents switching to another.) for me this is suitable, but alternative methods are welcome. this pertains to refracta running live, havent tried installing yet.
figlfdev

Re: vlock, if you miss logged out vts in refracta

Postby fsmithred » Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:33 am

Yeah, autologin to console was broken, and I fixed it. Turns out that /lib/live/config/0160-sysvinit was no longer working, because there is no longer a package named sysvinit. If you want to revert to no console autologin, the easiest way is probably
Code: Select all
chmod -x /lib/live/config/0161-sysvinit-utils
Other way to do it is to remove live-config-refracta, but then you lose lightdm autologin, too.

Auto-login is turned off when you install, unless you un-check the boxes for it in the installer options window.
fsmithred

Re: vlock, if you miss logged out vts in refracta

Postby figlfdev » Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:12 am

fsmithred wrote:Yeah, autologin to console was broken, and I fixed it.

oh, good work-- per my own logic (rather than personal preference) i think you made the right choice. ive grown accustomed to it being the way it was recently, but i think it was more like it is now in debian.

Turns out that /lib/live/config/0160-sysvinit was no longer working, because there is no longer a package named sysvinit.

aha! ok then.

If you want to revert to no console autologin, the easiest way is probably
Code: Select all
chmod -x /lib/live/config/0161-sysvinit-utils

i may do that. considering this way is closer to "standard," i may leave it and continue to use vlock -a.

Auto-login is turned off when you install, unless you un-check the boxes for it in the installer options window.

ok, this is all good stuff. i now know how to "fix" it back the way it was if i want-- i know its not the default behavior for installations (very important) and i know its actually a fix of an existing feature, not an arbitrary change (or unnoticed change from upstream.) thanks very much!
figlfdev

Return to Discuss