Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

FluxBB

Share your ideas and give feedback about the board.

FluxBB

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:50 pm

I'm always surprised to see people still suggesting phpBB. I thought it was fairly common knowledge by now that it is or has been riddled with security flaws. In addition, it's certainly not as streamlined as other forum software.

If Refracta, or Devuan for that matter, convert to a different forum, I recommend FluxBB. I've administered is in the past and it very fast. I'm not particularly fond of PHP in general but FluxBB lovely piece of kit.
Mike

Re: FluxBB

Postby golinux » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:40 pm

Discourse is not going anywhere. Both hellekin (it's his baby) and jaromil have made that perfectly clear. The only way we're going to have a different forum is if someone sets it up, hosts it and administers it. If it takes off, it might find a place in Devuan proper.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Re: FluxBB

Postby balloon » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:25 pm

You notice that this forum uses FreeForums.org.
It is obtained in the footer.
There are several other distributions that use FreeForum.org.

Was there any such service in FluxBB?
BALLOON a.k.a. Fu-sen. | 日本語情報 https://installlinux.jimdo.com/linux-%E ... /refracta/
balloon

Return to Forum proposals