Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

On the verge of greatness!?

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

On the verge of greatness!?

Postby golinux » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:30 pm

You ready for this?

Has the systemd fork already happened?

Would this post be helpful to what you're doing? (Or did he get the idea from here?)
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Re: On the verge of greatness!?

Postby fsmithred » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Dunno where the guy in the second link got the idea. I'm not sure where I got the idea, but I think it was from dzz. That guy has more packages pinned to wheezy than we have, and that's something I would like to get away from. I worry that it may stop working at some point. Every time I look at my pin list, I think of all the times newbs have been warned against mixing stable and testing. Maybe mixing oldstable and stable isn't quite as bad, so we might survive after the freeze.

Thanks for the links.
fsmithred

Postby golinux » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:49 pm

I hope you realize realize that the subject of this post is very tongue-in-cheek . . . ;)

I appreciate your very clear and informative posts on -user. Maybe there is hope short of abandonment?
golinux

Postby fsmithred » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:43 am

Go ahead and laugh. Downloads are up.
fsmithred

Postby golinux » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:11 am

That's encouraging! I've been plugging Refracta whenever there is an opportunity - trying to point folks in this direction and trying to connect those currently working solo. I did get a 'warning' from Don Armstrong on -user a few weeks back that my posts about Refracta were "off topic" but I'm not easily intimidated and persisted. :) I do hope you and dzz etc. can continue to keep Jessie free of systemd!
golinux

Postby nadir » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:20 am

I post links to refracta too, at facebook-debian.
I think there is interest ...

i can't say that i am a big fan of "more users", in general. In the case of refracta it won't hurt .... but in general? more is not always better ....
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby golinux » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:43 pm

nadir wrote:i can't say that i am a big fan of "more users", in general. In the case of refracta it won't hurt .... but in general? more is not always better ....

This is true but since it's unlikely that droolers will be flocking to Refracta, I'm not too worried.
golinux

Postby golinux » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:07 am

Why did you c/p from my previous post?
golinux

Postby fsmithred » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:01 am

golinux wrote:Why did you c/p from my previous post?

Spambot trick - copy bits of existing posts, so it looks like a real post. Have links in signature.
fsmithred

Postby FOSSuser » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:54 pm

Only just joined the forum - but I hope we are at the start of the Devuan Revolution. :D
FOSSuser

Return to Discuss