Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

(SOLVED) proc line in fstab

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Re: proc line in fstab

Postby fsmithred » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:48 am

If you removed the line of code that puts /proc in fstab, then something in the system must be adding it. Do you get this if you use 9.2.1? (the one I put on github yesterday)
fsmithred

Postby nadir » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:01 pm

vsido wrote:I dig deep at all issues no matter the politics or BS behind it and give no shits to anyone disagreeing .. If people do not want or like systemd, that's their issue not mine 8-)

What is that for a childish nonsense?
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby vsido » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:01 pm

fsmithred wrote:If you removed the line of code that puts /proc in fstab, then something in the system must be adding it. Do you get this if you use 9.2.1? (the one I put on github yesterday)

I will test it today and let you know... I suspect that there is more to this than just that proc line

Thank you
vsido

Postby vsido » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:15 pm

fsmithred wrote:If you removed the line of code that puts /proc in fstab, then something in the system must be adding it. Do you get this if you use 9.2.1? (the one I put on github yesterday)

Is there a github site now for files? I always have gotten the files from here at sourceforge and I do not see a 9.2.1 version
vsido

Postby fsmithred » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:36 pm

Yes, I'm finally updating my github after several years of abandonment. Packages will still be at the sourceforge site. I put up the new installer scripts so that balloon could work on the Japanese translation (or anyone else who wants to work on other translations). The 9.2.1 package will be ready soon.

There's no 9.2.0 except in refracta8_amd64, and the main difference between that and 9.1.9 is that 9.2.0 will exit with an error if you try to run it on a uefi boot. That's a safety feature that should not be limited to refracta8.

Here are the links (you already saw them in another thread):
https://github.com/fsmithred/refractainstaller-base
https://github.com/fsmithred/refractainstaller-gui

They aren't complete repos yet, so you can't build a package from what's there. I'll catch them up soon.
fsmithred

Postby vsido » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:44 pm

Aye. Thanks fsmithred

I forgot about the other thread.. too many things going at once ..
vsido

Postby vsido » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:08 am

Was finally able to test and the first thing I noticed was seeing this at selecting what device for MBR for grub. This is showing sda and not the regular /dev/sda (not sure if related)

When selecting sda, which is the MBR, I then get this message:

and can go no further
vsido

Postby fsmithred » Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:51 am

line 507 of refractainstaller-yad, remove the -o option after the egrep:
Code: Select all
grub_dev=$(find /dev -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1  | egrep -o "*[sh]d[a-z]$|*nvme[0-9]n[0-9]$|*mmcblk[0-9]$" \

Like this:
Code: Select all
grub_dev=$(find /dev -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1  | egrep  "*[sh]d[a-z]$|*nvme[0-9]n[0-9]$|*mmcblk[0-9]$" \

Or download it again from github. I just updated it.
fsmithred

Postby vsido » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:56 am

I made the edit and it worked.. completely worked. The proc line is no longer in fstab on the installation

Nice work fsmithred, nice work
vsido

Previous

Return to Discuss