Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

refractainstaller EFI install to GPT problem

Ask your questions here.

refractainstaller EFI install to GPT problem

Postby raymerjacque » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:59 am

Im having difficulty using refracta installer.

here is my error logs ...

EFI install on GPT Drive :

Code: Select all
(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 986 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 985 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1122 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1134 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1133 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1147 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1146 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1167 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1166 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1182 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1181 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1219 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1218 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1225 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1224 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1230 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1229 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1239 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1247 was not found when attempting to remove it

(gpartedbin:4889): GLib-CRITICAL **: Source ID 1246 was not found when attempting to remove it

WARNING: GPT (GUID Partition Table) detected on '/dev/sda'! The util fdisk doesn't support GPT. Use GNU Parted.

Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try 'grep --help' for more information.
mke2fs 1.42.9 (4-Feb-2014)
262144+0 records in
262144+0 records out
268435456 bytes (268 MB) copied, 0.67535 s, 397 MB/s
sed: can't read /target/etc/ssh/sshd_config: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /target/etc/ssh/sshd_config: No such file or directory
Installing for x86_64-efi platform.
grub-install: error: cannot find EFI directory

I have a GPT partition table. i have 3 partitions :

an EFI boot partiton ( fat32 ) /dev/sda1
a swap partition /dev/sda2
and a ext4 root partition /dev/sda3

it never asked me to poin to to EFI directory, just asked where i want to install bootloader and i typed in /dev/sda as that is the main drive. it says "cannot find EFI directory" which directory is it refering to, where is it meant to be ? I created this ISO using refractsnapshot with UEFI enabled. i see the EFI directory inside the iso itself.

Any help would be appreciated.
raymerjacque

Re: refractainstaller EFI install to GPT problem

Postby fsmithred » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:31 am

The efi partition needs to be mounted at /boot/efi. To install on uefi hardware, you need to use refractainstaller-uefi, which is not included in any of the versions I've released. There is a version of that script in the refracta-8 isos, and a copy of that script is here -
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/file ... aller-uefi

I'm working on refractainstaller-9.2.1 now, and I think it'll be ready in a few days. The uefi installer will be included, and it'll be slightly less of a manual procedure. Stay tuned.

Here's some documentation on the uefi installer. I'm pretty sure you can do the same thing manually with the cli installer when it pauses right before grub-install.
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/file ... all.readme
fsmithred

Postby raymerjacque » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Thnx ill wait for it then :D
raymerjacque

Postby fsmithred » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:18 pm

There are still some things I need to do before I package it, but here's an updated refractainstaller-uefi that will work if you have refractainstaller installed.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/fsmit ... aller-uefi
save it as refractainstaller-uefi
make it executable
run it from a root terminal:
refractainstaller-uefi -d

If you have grub-efi-amd64 installed, there's a button that will run grub-install in the chroot for you, so you don't need to use the chroot terminal.
If you have grub-pc installed, it'll warn you that you need to either install grub-efi or have the packages available, and it will copy the packages to /target where you can install them in the chroot terminal.

I've tested this a few ways, but the one thing I can't test is how it works if you start with no EFI partition and then create one. It should complain about the missing EFI in the beginning, and it should present you with a list of EFI partitions to choose one after partitioning (and before you choose other partitions.) The list is just in case you pull a hard drive out of your old uefi box and put it in the new uefi box and end up with more than one EFI partition.

If you want the help file available during installation, put this file:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/refracta/file ... all.readme
Here:
/usr/lib/refractainstaller/uefi_install.readme
fsmithred

Postby fsmithred » Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:51 pm

New packages - refractainstaller 9.2.1
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/files/tools/

* Included refractainstaller-uefi and uefi_install.readme in package.
  * Fixed regression. disable_auto_console gets set with disable_auto_desktop again.
  * Replaced cfdisk with cgdisk in uefi installer.
  * Reversed listing of filesystem types; ext4 is now first.
  * Added support for text translations.
  * Added support for nvme disks and sd/mmc devices.
  * Removed obsolete code relating to clamav.
  * EFI partition found with fdisk; parted is not needed.
fsmithred

Postby raymerjacque » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:36 pm

thnx :D
raymerjacque

Return to Help