Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

work directory does not delete anymore

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

work directory does not delete anymore

Postby vsido » Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:53 pm

Ever since the work on snapshot tool moved to the eUFI scripts (10.0 versions) the /home/work directory no longer gets deleted when the snapshot process is done. I have to go in and manually delete the directory afterwards

I have checked and yes the save_work="no" is set up correctly in /etc/refractasnapshot.conf

Is this by design now? I do have the latest snapshot installed and it does the same thing (10.0.1)
vsido

Re: work directory does not delete anymore

Postby Mark9 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:50 pm

I found the same thing. Using version 10 refractasnapshot. I have to do two things or the next attempt to create a snapshot will fail. First copy the snapshot .iso and MD5 to a folder in /home/"user"/documents, for one choice. Then access the file manager as root and delete the folder work and the folder with the snapshot .iso.
Then I had to do this or the next snapshot would fail. Still using file manager as root, change view to show hidden files, look into /home for the trash or recycle folder and delete it. Your work folder still exists till you do this.
Mark9

Postby vsido » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:19 am

I have watched the work directory while the next copy happens and it does in fact get wiped clean before the new copy happens
vsido

Postby fsmithred » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Mark, the most likely reason for snapshot to fail if you don't delete the previous iso would be insufficient hard drive space. Each iso gets a unique name, so they won't interfere with each other. They just take up a lot of room.

Run in debug mode, and the log will show whether cleanup happened or not. ('refractasnapshot-gui -d' OR set debug in the config file.)

If you set save_work to "yes" it will speed up the process a little, because it will only need to copy files that have changed or been added since the last run (or delete files from the copy that have been deleted from the system.) Downside is you have an extra copy of your system taking up space on the hard drive.
fsmithred

Return to Discuss