Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

ClamaV/ClamTK on Refracta

Ask your questions here.

ClamaV/ClamTK on Refracta

Postby zadek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:51 am

Hay People,

What do you think;is Clamav necessary on Refracta?
Why ask this question,because it seem go some slowly in my computer,since installing "Refracta 8.2".I did 2 days ago.I think may be I can install and use Clamav/tk every day,or...

zadek

Re: ClamaV/ClamTK on Refracta

Postby fsmithred » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:52 am

Clamav scans for windows viruses. Older versions of Refracta had clamav installed. I've used it a few times but don't really find it helpful. Lots of false positives and you must manually remove what you find, after you figure out whether it should really be removed or not. Right now, if I had any Windows machines to scan, I'd probably use Avast or maybe AVG (but haven't looked at that one for a long time.)

Is the computer slow to boot, or is it slow when running? Refracta8.2 boots slowly because all locales are configured. If you want that to be faster, remove the locales-all package and just configure the languages you want. (dpkg-reconfigure locales).
fsmithred

Postby zadek » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:05 pm

Hi,
It's slow when running,some slower than version before.
About (dpkg-configure locales);I tried. Terminal says:" Order-instruction-not found."
And I go look for AVG antivirus. Thanks.
zadek

Postby fsmithred » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:04 pm

dpkg-reconfigure (not "configure") and you must be root. You might also want to delete /etc/locale.gen before you reocnfigure the locales, so you don't have to un-check all the boxes.
fsmithred

Postby zadek » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:50 am

Okey,fsmithred,Thanks.
zadek

Return to Help