Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Warning about Trash in Refracta

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Warning about Trash in Refracta

Postby fsmithred » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:29 pm

There's no trash icon on the desktop, because there's no gvfs installed, and there's no gvfs installed because it requires libsystemd0. You all know that already. What you might not know (and you should) is that when you delete files or directories from ~/Desktop, they don't get deleted. They go into the invisible trash can.

Check in ~/.local/share/Trash/ in both the files and info subdirectories. You can use the file manager to delete those, and they will really be gone.
fsmithred

Re: Warning about Trash in Refracta

Postby dyfi » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Trash -cli is in the repos, easy way to handle deletion with non gvfs distros.
dyfi

Postby golinux » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:20 pm

I just have a launcher in one of the panels. I don't like system icons cluttering the desktop. ;)
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby fsmithred » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:29 am

@dyfi, Thanks for that!

@golinux, what does your launcher do?

Just after I started this thread, aitor announced that he's repackaging gvfs. That will eventually get into devuan repos and this won't be an issue anymore.
fsmithred

Postby golinux » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:33 pm

The launcher is the trash applet that's available in the panel addons. Don't know whether that would work without gvfs which I have installed. Maybe not . . .
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby fsmithred » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Nope. Doesn't work without gvfs. I can add the Trash applet to the panel, but I get an error icon instead of a trash icon, and it gives me the message that it can't connect, operation not supported.

I'm betting on aitor. I expect we'll have the trash icon back on the desktop in ascii. (note: it's also possible to use gvfs from antix or angband repos.)
fsmithred

Postby greenjeans » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:28 pm

mebbe:
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh

rm -rf ~/.local/share/Trash/*

And a .desktop file for it, make a launcher somewhere, panel maybe?
http://www.mrgreenjeans.net/opensource
Devuan-mate-minimal hybrid-iso, made with Refractasnapshot.
greenjeans

Return to Discuss