Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

dumb question

Tips and Instructional topics. Not for support questions.

dumb question

Postby seanruss » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:48 am

Hello, I was looking at Refracta via a live DVD. I liked the OS pretty well, except i couldn't for the life of me find an Update Manager or software center anywhere. Could someone point me in the right direction, please.

Thanks,

Sean
seanruss

Re: dumb question

Postby fsmithred » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:43 am

The update-notifier package exists, but you can't install it without removing the pin on *systemd* and installing libpam-systemd and libsystemd0. (See the release notes for how to do that.) You can use Synaptic to do update/upgrade.

Menu, System, Synaptic Package Manager, Reload, Mark all upgrades, Apply.

Same thing on command line:
Code: Select all
apt-get update
apt-get -s dist-upgrade   # (-s/--simulate, to check the list first.)
apt-get dist-upgrade

Note: I will move this thread to the Help section. The howto section is for tutorials and guides.
fsmithred

Return to How-to