Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Purky forum theme

If it's not on-topic, it's in here.

Purky forum theme

Postby golinux » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:52 am

The default forum theme is OK but rather dreary. So I've started to play with it in Stylish. Here's what I have so far:

I haven't dealt with the link colors yet and probably will not mess with the cp. If anyone is interested, I'll post the css.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Re: Purky forum theme

Postby figlfdev » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:23 am

i agree that the forum theme is (a little) dreary, though i hadnt noticed until you mentioned it. i like purple quite a lot, but so far this purky theme "feels" about the same as the gray one to me.

the themes im seeing are like someone is afraid to use colors that are too bright. well thats good, but theyre slightly too afraid... the black text on dark gray is irritatingly low contrast, same as the purple version.

dont get me wrong, i turn my monitor down lower than most people do. but if i turn it up to look at these themes, theyre still like that. i use the standard (bland but cheerfully so) theme on my forum: http://unofficialdistros.freeforums.org/

i loaded the screencap in gimp and turned up the saturation-- it helped a little, but obviously it was no longer a theme at that point (id change the hue as well.)

for some reason when there are 50 to 500 stupid elements to color, people either go for fisher-price or washed-out, and nothing in between. in phpbb2-- inferior software, happier themes-- they just said "lets use bitmaps" or something.
figlfdev

Return to General Nonsense