Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

refracta ascii (testing)

For general announcements.

refracta ascii (testing)

Postby fsmithred » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:59 pm

First one is i386 No-X.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/refrac ... 9_1132.iso

Same as previous nox images (almost).
I left out nfs-common, which depends on rpcbind, which depends on libsystemd0.
Added the Antix nosystemd repo (commented out) to sources.list.d/nosystemd. Nothing has been pulled from any of the outside nosystemd repos, and they are all commented out. All installed packages are from the main devuan repo.
There's no directory full of wireless drivers. Guess I'll add that to a later build.

Here's a list of packages that were added to the standard system. This added about 90MB to the iso.
Code: Select all
rsync openssh-server bash-completion firmware-linux-free deborphan unzip lvm2 cryptsetup sshfs bootlogd console-common console-data console-setup mbr mc ntpdate sudo w3m aptitude grub-pc-bin grub-pc lshw hwinfo alsa-base alsa-utils moc pppoeconf pppconfig pppoe ntfs-3g dosfstools curl live-boot live-config live-boot-initramfs-tools live-config-sysvinit squashfs-tools xorriso pmount pv archivemount syslinux syslinux-common isolinux xz-utils gdisk parted hexedit iftop smartmontools lm-sensors hdparm sdparm testdisk fdupes irssi iptraf ethtool scrot wipe mlocate wireless-tools wpasupplicant gddrescue screen feh hddtemp p7zip-full partimage pm-utils sysv-rc-conf tree wodim htop bzip2 whois zsync build-essential fakeroot lsb-release file cifs-utils mdadm arp-scan apt-file dialog irqbalance libarchive-extract-perl libregexp-common-perl live-boot-doc live-config-doc locales lockfile-progs os-prober pciutils psmisc rename tcpd usbutils uuid-runtime vbetool xdg-user-dirs dnsutils dkms eject nfs-common nictools-pci openssh-blacklist read-edid telnet usbutils util-linux-locales vrms mutt linux-headers-`uname -r`
fsmithred

Re: refracta ascii (testing)

Postby figlfdev » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:11 pm

wait, refracta ascii is going to use antix repos?

... when devuan becomes stable, are you doing to use devuan ascii repos?

are you building the iso based on antix, devuan, or both? if both, which parts are from antix?

finally, if i remove the antix repo from sources.list.d (or replace with devuan repos) what is most likely to result? should i assume (perhaps in haste) that refracta will be moving away from devuan and towards antix? im very curious.

if this is just a little addon, i will remove the antix repos (nothing against antix, im a devuan user-- jessie and ascii) and/or replace with devuan repos, personally. but id like to know how much of the antix repo will be used to build refracta in the future. fwiw, i do know refracta isnt 100% based on devuan repos-- since it has yad and *cough* a couple other 3rd party packages :) but development of refracta is definitely something im trying to follow closely.

EDIT: sorry, you just said this:

Added the Antix nosystemd repo (commented out) to sources.list.d/nosystemd. Nothing has been pulled from any of the outside nosystemd repos, and they are all commented out. All installed packages are from the main devuan repo.

so i retract the questions about what youve changed, but i still wonder what the plan is (the plan in progress, or the general direction.)
figlfdev

Postby fsmithred » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:32 pm

This represents no change in plan whatsoever. Refracta is based on pure devuan. In jessie, yad is from outside, but in ascii, I believe it's in the repo, although I need to check what dzz said about it. We might compile our own. (maybe gtk3 problem?).

In refracta jessie, there's that extra file with outside nosystemd repos - angband and exegnulinux. In ascii, I added antix nosystemd repo to that list. All of them are commented out and nothing is installed from them (except the signing keys.) The idea is to make it easy for anyone who wants or needs to use those repos.
fsmithred

Postby deanmean » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:22 am

where did it go?
deanmean

Postby fsmithred » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:48 am

I took it down to make room for something else. Take that lean jessie-ice build and upgrade it to ascii. That's what I did. Do it a few times for practice. If we all do that, one of us might get it right. Here's one gotcha: if you want to run an xsession, you must have a display manager.

Alright, I put it back. The nox is i386 and ice is amd64. Probably won't leave it there long, so get it while it's hot. Or warmed over, anyway. It's from July.
fsmithred

Return to Announcements