Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Refracta Chameleon Wallpaper

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

Re: Refracta Chameleon Wallpaper

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:15 am

golinux wrote:Yeah, it is transparent. Font looks a little thin without the drop shadow. Need to get it in gimp tomorrow and take a better look. I'm about ready to crash.

I thought the same thing but I don't think the font supports bold. I could try adding a border to the letters to make them wider.
Mike

Postby golinux » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:35 pm

Mike wrote:
golinux wrote:Yeah, it is transparent. Font looks a little thin without the drop shadow. Need to get it in gimp tomorrow and take a better look. I'm about ready to crash.

I thought the same thing but I don't think the font supports bold. I could try adding a border to the letters to make them wider.

PS7 has a faux bold and faux italic setting in the character window and I enabled both of those. Maybe you could do a 1px stroke around the letters? But that might be too much . . .
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:52 pm

I'll give it a shot later when I get home from work. :-)
Mike

Postby nadir » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:37 pm

thanks, Mike.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby fsmithred » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Way cool. Thanks!
fsmithred

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:35 pm

You're welcome! I'm happy to be involved with the project. Let me know if you need a hand with anything.
Mike

Postby Mike » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:19 pm

@golinux, does this look too bold?

Mike

Postby golinux » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Better but it could even be a smidge bolder! Also the logo and "R" could be a few px closer to each other. Compare it to the one currently on the website and it's obvious. And a R/L margin would be nice. Very hard to judge proportions when it's jammed up on both sides . . .

I've been busy all day. Will be a little more present after a bath and food . . .
golinux

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:01 am

Made it a bit bolder and put them closer together. I don't create any margins with the svg because usually it's meant to be imported into another image that will have its own margins.

Mike

Postby golinux » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:05 pm

Sorry to be slow in responding. Got caught up in the reappearance of meandean etc. and recovering from yesterday . . .

Yes, that looks quite good. Thanks for doing it. :)
golinux

PreviousNext

Return to Discuss