Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

refractasnapshot 10.0.0 (arrived)

Refracta Development, Scripts, etc.

refractasnapshot 10.0.0 (arrived)

Postby fsmithred » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Uploaded refractasnapshot-9.something... beta05
Please test and report.
When this one gets approved, it will be version 10.0.

go for the beta05
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refrac ... s/testing/

NOTE: If you used any of the previous betas and you make efi-ready isos, you can delete /home/efi_work. The efi work directory was moved into the main work_dir, so the files will be deleted or not accoring to the save_copy setting.
fsmithred

Re: refractasnapshot 10.0.0 (almost)

Postby AlexRey » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:55 am

As a single person project it's amazing the amount of work you get done , You need an Apprentice. :D
AlexRey

Postby greenjeans » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:47 pm

Great timing, just finished up a couple new ones and on to building the next couple, will load the new beta and do some squashing. ;)
http://www.mrgreenjeans.net/opensource
Devuan-mate-minimal hybrid-iso, made with Refractasnapshot.
greenjeans

Postby fsmithred » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:39 pm

Soon as I re-upload the debs. Again. And this time, they'll be right. I think.
fsmithred

Postby greenjeans » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:04 pm

fsmithred wrote:Soon as I re-upload the debs. Again. And this time, they'll be right. I think.

boy-o-boy do I know that feeling, lol.

uploading hopefully the last 64-bit of djmm right now. Have to do a 32 real quick and i'll use the new beta snapshot if it's ready, won't be trying until tomorrow I think.

working on an openbox version of devuan-minimal today, got the urge to do a crunchbang-ish version of devuan, maybe "Crunchuan" with the symbol being "#1" ? :D

Anybody have an idea of what to load to openbox for shutdown/reboot etc.?
greenjeans

Postby fsmithred » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:54 pm

All better now. (I think)
uploaded the -base package again. Was playing with the boot menus to accomadate different languages. My apologies to those who want to use the desktop in another language. I think the problem is with lightdm, but it's screwed up. I think after installation you can get it to work better. See the Release Notes for my notes on what I did to change the language and keyboard in xfce.

greenjeans, you should take a look at one of my openbox builds. I use openbox with lxpanel and spacefm. Shutdown is handled by scripts with yad frontend and sudo for the commands. In any refracta iso, look at /usr/local/bin/quit-dialogue* (there are two of them) and etc/sudoers.d/user_shutdown, which gets added by refractainstaller if you choose to use sudo for shutdown only.
fsmithred

Postby greenjeans » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:15 pm

fsmithred wrote:
greenjeans, you should take a look at one of my openbox builds. I use openbox with lxpanel and spacefm. Shutdown is handled by scripts with yad frontend and sudo for the commands. In any refracta iso, look at /usr/local/bin/quit-dialogue* (there are two of them) and etc/sudoers.d/user_shutdown, which gets added by refractainstaller if you choose to use sudo for shutdown only.

Excellent, will do, been playing with it since yesterday, tried spacefm for the first time and I like it a lot better than similar ones i've tried, love that you can use it to set desktop background, so no having to add nitrogen.

Currently trying fbpanel, but may just use tint2 and use it for a window list. volume control issue in fbpanel amongst other things, but it seems more configureable than tint2 and not quite so spartan.

I think I should be using the sudo shutdown option in the installer for the new stuff, on the djmm stuff I was trying to strictly copy settings in Devuan so it's a perfect little mini-me for Devuan. But about to do a full-featured version for mate, and possibly the #1 idea I posted above too, and think both would benefit from that feature.
greenjeans

Postby fsmithred » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:53 pm

I found an error. I broke the distro-naming mechanism for the boot menus. Change every instance of Refracta to ${DISTRO} and while you're in the grub.cfg.template, remove nocomponents=xinit (causes failure to boot in some cases) and you can also remove union=aufs (in case anyone uses newer versions of live-* packages).

Even easier, run these commands:
Code: Select all
sed -i 's/Refracta/${DISTRO}/g' /usr/lib/refractasnapshot/grub.cfg.template
sed -i 's/Refracta/${DISTRO}/g' /usr/lib/refractasnapshot/iso/isolinux/live.cfg
sed -i 's/nocomponents=xinit//g' /usr/lib/refractasnapshot/grub.cfg.template
sed -i 's/union=aufs//g' /usr/lib/refractasnapshot/grub.cfg.template

And for any foreign language, instead of using 'components=locales,keyboard-configuration locales=blah keyboard-layouts=blah' just use something like 'lang=es_ES' and the magic refracta-lang live-config script will make it right.

I'm adding 1065-refracta-lang (a small live-config script) to refractasnapshot. That way, I don't have to keep changing the boot menus between official Refracta, which I know has refracta-lang, and refractasnapshot, which will be used on other distros that don't have refracta-lang. Now those others will have it automatically.
fsmithred

Postby greenjeans » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:54 pm

Awesome work, i'm guessing that's why grub 2 was naming the other partitions "unknown linux distribution"? I thought about mentioning it but thought it might be something upstream in grub.

Will run that code, got the new beta's downloaded and installing today in the new build partitions.

I don't know if you've ever taken a look at the mandriva/pclos mylivecd and drak-live-install scripts, never did look closely myself, but I downloaded the packages from their repo yesterday and gonna have a look, might be some stuff in there that might be useful in snapshot.
greenjeans

Postby fsmithred » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:08 pm

No, the 'unknown linux distribution' is coming from an empty or absent etc/lsb-release file and/or missing a name in the GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR line of etc/default/grub.

I haven't looked at many other livecd creators. And the ones I have looked at, I didn't really understand what was going on. If you see anything that looks interesting, you can let me know. It may or may not end up in the refracta tools. At this point, the code is such a scrambled mess from added features, I try not to change too much.
fsmithred

Next

Return to Discuss