Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Synaptic no open on laptop

Ask your questions here.

Re: Synaptic no open on laptop

Postby zadek » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:58 pm

Hi,
This is output of that command:grep Exec /usr/share/applications/synaptic.desktop
Exec=synaptic-pkexec
zadek

Postby zadek » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:13 pm

Hi,
This is output of that command:grep Exec /usr/share/applications/synaptic.desktop
Exec=synaptic-pkexec
And in second action: they are two synaptics: One normal and another one synaptic kde.
And 3th action: when I open /user/share/aplications/synaptic'I see this:Encoding=UTF-8
Version=0.9.4
Type=Application
Name=synaptics.sh
Comment=Setup synaptics touchpad.
Exec=/usr/local/bin/synaptics.sh
StartupNotify=false
Terminal=false
Hidden=false
And Now I go install the file and addit.I'll tel you wat happed then.
zadek

Postby golinux » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:25 pm

zadek wrote:Hi,
Exec=synaptic-pkexec
I don't use pkexec. Didn't like it so kicked it to the curb. I launch synaptic, gparted etc from launchers in the panel using gksu.
May the FORK be with you!
golinux

Postby zadek » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:29 pm

Hi,
I downloaded synaptic from ibiblio. It was impossble to put it on /user/share/applications.But I put it on " DockyO at display and,it works!
Thank you very much,sir.

Greetings from cold and rainy Holland,

Zadek :D
zadek

Postby fsmithred » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:25 pm

You must be root to copy files to system directories. (or use sudo) But as you discovered, it will work anywhere.

Raining here, too. I'm on the other side of the ocean. I would tell you to stay above water, but I guess it doesn't work that way where you are. Stay dry, anyway.
fsmithred

Previous

Return to Help