Welcome
Welcome to refracta

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

this forum?

Share your ideas and give feedback about the board.

Re: this forum?

Postby meandean » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:34 am

if you have any questions about the admin control then just ask...think I figured out some of it finally...

(btw: the new layout looks very good:

thanks....added the forums
meandean

Postby nadir » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:40 am

First a nap, then some questions.
Thats why i think it is more easy if you got admin control: You can click and tell me.
If its a burden: no problem. I seem to understand (to much click-click, aka wasting time).
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby meandean » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:31 pm

I may go ahead and take a quick look at sourceforge. It would be good to have two places for files and stuff since it seems none of mirrors are picking up ibiblio anymore.
meandean

Postby nadir » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:16 pm

A) i moved this thread as it seems to be here, "forum proposals", at its right place.

B) Sure, let me know about sourceforge and if you prefer it and all.

C) I asnwered an email of fsmithred and told him about the board.
I will start spreading the word, in case you don't say:
"nope, here it does not make sense to me".

D) I will ask the ones who arrive to help with the "administration" (the comedian stuff).

All of that are proposals/questions. I am too tired to think about how to put it in pc-words.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby nadir » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:42 pm

meandean wrote:I may go ahead and take a quick look at sourceforge. It would be good to have two places for files and stuff since it seems none of mirrors are picking up ibiblio anymore.

two short ones:
a) how can i remove the site-admin under my name?
b) how can i remove the report button for posts?
c) how the grml do i add "sections" (we got two now: "forum" and "my first category")
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby meandean » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:08 pm

a - user groups >> ranks
b - acp >> permissions >> permission roles >> forum roles >> somewhere in there should be a yes/no/never selection for 'can report posts' or similar

sourceforge forums look great....absolutely great....no features but not a lot to fiddle with either...works for me
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/forums

As long as you keep these forums I will keep a link on the main page to them. They might come in handy. Just whatever you want to do, up to you
meandean

Postby nadir » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:14 pm

meandean wrote:a - user groups >> ranks
b - acp >> permissions >> permission roles >> forum roles >> somewhere in there should be a yes/no/never selection for 'can report posts' or similar

sourceforge forums look great....absolutely great....no features but not a lot to fiddle with either...works for me
https://sourceforge.net/projects/refracta/forums

As long as you keep these forums I will keep a link on the main page to them. They might come in handy. Just whatever you want to do, up to you

Thanks, i will try your answers later (just awoke and this is no fun, at least not for me).

I made up my mind to keep this board. In case you come up with other forums (message-board, mailing-lists) i am in.
At least we got a "fall-back" solution in case we will be able to keep this forum.

:lol: now i am not mentioned as a "site admin" anymore, but you still are. I went the "rank" road... oh my holy big bang: for sure above me.
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby meandean » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:21 pm

nadir wrote:this is no fun, at least not for me

crazy if you ask me....way too complex for a simple meet and chit-chat....aggravating

I made up my mind to keep this board.

Good on ya, I think you should.

At least we got a "fall-back" solution in case we will be able to keep this forum.

or just for those that prefer some of the features that this forum has
meandean

Postby nadir » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 pm

can i safely delete "my first category" ?
can you eliminate yourself as being mentioned as site-adim? (in case it bugs you, for me it does not matter, but i don't want that "title" to be mentioned)
So i herd u liek mudkip?
nadir

Postby meandean » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:04 pm

Per accident i edited instead of answered. This is a part of the old post:
I deleted the site-admin rank so nobody will have it. I hope that is ok
Last edited by nadir on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: i made an error.
meandean

PreviousNext

Return to Forum proposals